Event of a Lifetime: Ken Burns’ Chicago
2014 Prices from $4,290 for 5 Days
September 15, 2014
Designed by Tauck and filmmaker Ken Burns. Join us for an exclusive insider’s look into the people, places and events that shaped Chicago, one of the world’s most powerful cities, during the pivotal years 1871 – 1933.
This 5-day / 4-night one-of-a-kind Ken Burns Event features an opportunity to meet filmmaker Ken Burns. Each day, your small group averaging 32 guests (accompanied by a Tauck Director) embarks on sightseeing tracks inspired by themes of Ken’s films Prohibition, Jazz and Frank Lloyd Wright.
This Once in a Lifetime Event includes:
- Keynote address by filmmaker Ken Burns, creator of the films Prohibition, Jazz and Frank Lloyd Wright, at the legendary 1921 Chicago Theatre, with an opportunity to meet Ken during a private cocktail party and dinner in the theatre’s Great Hall
Daily small group sightseeing groups averaging 32 guests themed tours:
- Architecture That Shaped The City, explores the legacy of Frank Lloyd Wright with visits to Unity Temple and his home / studio in Oak Park
- Beer Wars: The Roaring Twenties, includes a tour of jazz-age Chicago during the Prohibition era
- The Most American of Cities, takes a look at the multicultural influences and architecture that defined Chicago during the Prohibition era, featuring Chicago’s Art Deco Style and “Jazz Age” sites as well as the Millennium Park area, tailored for the event by a historian from the Chicago Architectural Foundation
- Private performance of scenes from the award-winning Kander and Ebb musical Chicago at the Chicago Theatre
- Presentation on Prohibition and Al Capone by Jonathan Eig, author of Get Capone
- Private chartered river cruise on the Chicago River for an up-close look at the city’s historical and cultural life
- Mixology lesson by famed mixologist Angie Jackson, featured in the documentary Prohibition, at the Berghoff Café, granted liquor license #1 in 1933 following the repeal of Prohibition
- Farewell “Prohibition Repeal Celebration” and dinner in the Grand Ballroom of the InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Four nights historic luxury accommodations at the 1929 landmark hotel InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile
- All gratuities to drivers and local guides
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- 9 meals, gratuities to local guides, service charges, admission fees, taxes and porterage.
Air Travel & Services
As an added service, Terroirs Travels can make flight arrangements for your journey, if your travels originate in the United States, offering you a number of welcome advantages. By making your air travel plans with us, you will be able to:
- Reserve your flights now; pay later when tickets are issued
- Benefit from lenient change and refund policies
- Enjoy significant savings on Business Class airfare on select flights
- Earn Frequent Flyer mileage on most airlines
What’s more, if you purchase Guest Protection, you’ll receive a refund should you need to cancel your flights due to covered reasons.
Terroirs Travels specializes in creating a perfect, memorable travel experience.
Let Us Be Your Personal Concierge!
Call us for now to reserve this amazing tour.
Office: 805-286-4462 Cell: 805.443.7112