Awe Inspiring Victoria Falls Excursion
Victoria Falls is one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles. Declared a World Heritage Site, the Falls are the stuff of legends, romance and myth. Long before the Scottish missionary and explorer Dr David Livingstone ‘discovered’ the Falls in 1855, the local Batonga people had named them Mosi-oa-Tunya, ‘the smoke that thunders’. Livingstone named them for his queen. Today, the village rightly claims the title of Adrenaline Capital of Africa, home to a seemingly endless variety of adventure sports from bungee jumping to canoeing and white water rafting.
Day by Day Itinerary
Transfer by scheduled flight from Skukuzi airport to Johannesburg. Overnight stay at the Maslow Hotel.
An urban sanctuary in the heart of the Sandton district. Complimentary high-speed internet access throughout the hotel, a techno gym and an Africology Spa. The Maslow’s beautiful garden complete with Zen-like water features, comfortable terraced seating and a crystal clear pool.
Day 2 – 4
2 night stay at Victoria Falls River Lodge in a deluxe tented suite
Private transfer from hotel to airport. Scheduled flight to Victoria Falls. Private transfer to Victoria Falls River Lodge. Check into our luxurious well spaced and air-conditioned thatched tents for 2 nights. (B,L,D)
Tucked into the banks of the Zambezi River, Zambezi Crescent Victoria Fall River Lodge is close enough to the magnificent Victoria Falls to see the spray in the distance and yet secluded in a remote corner of Zambezi National Park. Boasting panoramic views of African sunsets, thirteen spacious luxury tents are set right on banks of the mighty Zambezi. Decorated in earthy hues, each tent features a comfortable sitting area, as well as a private viewing deck ideal for watching the hippo wallow in the river.
Victoria Falls River Lodge en-suite bathrooms bring together a perfect combination of nature and luxury. The views from all around inside the luxury tents are breathtaking. Carefully designed to ensure maximum comfort and great spectacle.
Transfer by scheduled flight back to Johannesburg International Airport.
• Transfers (shared) from/to the Victoria Falls Airport
• 1 night in luxury suite w/breakfasat at Maslow Hotel
• Private road transfer from Maslow Hotel to OR Tambo International Airport
• Scheduled flight from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls
• Scheduled flight from Victoria Falls to Johannesburg
• 2 nights in luxury tent at Victoria Falls River Lodge, including:
• All meals
• Local beverages
• National Park entrance fees
• An optional daily transfer from camp (typically departing at 10h00 and returning at 15h00) to Victoria Falls town
• A Tour of the Falls (part of daily transfer to town) – the entry fee into the Rainforest is for guest’s own account
• Transfers to/from National Park Gate / Jetty for 3rd party activities
• Two game activities – i.e. a choice of either a morning/afternoon game drive in the Zambezi National Park, and a sunrise/sunset river cruise – per person per day. Snacks & local beverages are included on the game drives and/or the sunset river cruises.
• High Tea
• Bird watching on Kandahar Island.
• Medical Evacuation Insurance
– Customs and Visa fees
– Imported / premium brand beverages
– Shop purchases
– Spa treatments
– Additional unspecified game/other activities
– All off-site adventure and sports activities
– All other / unspecified extras